Frequently Asked Questions

Do you offer consultations for sign design?

Yes, we are happy to provide you with a site survey prior to quotation.  When this is done within Northampton and no special access equipment is required this is done free of charge.  For other areas a small charge will be made to cover the cost of travel and where special access equipment is required then a charge to cover the cost of this will also be made.

What types of signs can you provide?

Total Signs & Graphics is a one-stop-shop for all of your sign solutions.  We provide a wide range of signs and graphics including; interior signs, exterior signs, vehicle graphics and wraps, banners, window graphics and specialist solar control window films, exhibition graphics, roller banners, pop-up stands, health and safety signs  & labels and stickers.

Do you do pavement signs and other pavement furniture for cafes and retail areas?

Yes, we have a wide range of pavement furniture available including A boards, cafe barriers/banners, forecourt signs, notice boards, chalk boards and swing signs.

What type of artwork files do you accept?

This will depend on the type of sign we are making for you.  For printed files high resolution images can often be used and these can be in the form of jpg. psd or pdf files.  For other types of signs often vector files are needed and these can be in the form of pdf. ai. or eps. Files.  We regret that artwork designs completed in word or powerpoint will not provide an acceptable resolution for reproduction and will have to be redrawn. Artwork which needs some additional design work may be chargeable.  Please contact us if you need any more details.

Do I need an electrician for installation of my illuminated signage?

Yes if your signs require an electrical supply then you will need to use a qualified electrician. The exact requirements will depend on the type of sign we are providing and this will be discussed with you prior to manufacture.

How do I remove my vehicle graphics?

You should be able to remove your own vehicle graphics without damaging your paintwork by using a hair dryer to warm and loosen the vinyl. Depending how long the graphics have been on the vehicle, you may see a small glue residue on the paintwork which can be easily removed. In the case of full vehicle wraps, it is advisable to get a professional to remove the graphics. We can remove the graphics for you and the cost of this service will depend on how long it takes.

Is fitting included in the cost?

There will be a separate charge for installation of your signs and graphics incorporated into your quote. If you would like us to just supply your signs and not install them, please let us know. Generally we include the cost of installing vehicle graphics in the price shown, however, on occasions we do supply these on a ready to apply basis so please let us know if you would prefer to fit them yourself.

Do I need planning permission for my signs?

This will depend on where your business is situated, where the signs are located and how large they are.  You will need to apply to your local planning department directly to find out whether or not you need planning permission for your signs and we are happy to help you with the planning process should this be necessary.  We do make a small charge for this service which is based on the time involved and the specific details requested by the planning authority.  Please call us if you would like to discuss this with us before approaching your local planning authority.